Saturday 30 May 2020

GET TO KNOW YOUR COPING STYLE


Problem-focused coping and emotion-focused coping. These are ...

WHICH IS YOUR COPING STYLE OF BATTLING STRESSFUL SITUATION?

COPING STYLE  refers to the propensity to  deal with the stressful events in a particular way.

  • COPING is defined as the thoughts and behaviours used to manage the internal and external demands of situations that are appraised as stressful.Coping has centain characteristics such as :   First the the relation between coping and the strssful event is dynamic.Coping is a series of transactions between the person who has a set of resources ,values and commitments with the particular stressful environment.Coping is not a one time action rather ,  but a set of responses occuring over time by which the person and the environment influence eachother .      
           second, emotional reactions ,including anger depression are a part of coping process.These are voluntary actions that your body takes to confront the event.

The following are the coping methods that we all often use in our dailylife:

Think of a situation that you are currently going through it may be the upcomig examinations or the lockdown situation, fight with your spouse ,any chronic ailment,or a bad breakup like mine e.t.c look at the methods that you use:(Few are positive few are negative methods)

1.Active coping

 I  have been concentrating my efforts about doing something about the situation.

I have been taking action to try to make the situation better.


2.Planning 

-I have been trying to come up with a strategy about what to  do?

I have been thinking hard about what steps to take?


3.Positive Reframing 

I have been trying to see the problem from a different angle to make it seem more positive

.I have been looking for something good  in what is happening.


4.Acceptance-

I have been accepting the reality of the fact that has happened.

I have been learning to live with it.


5.Humour( a kind of matured defence as well)

I have been making jokes about it

I have been making fun of the situation.


6.Religion-

I have been trying to find comfort in  my religion or spiritual beliefs

I have been praying or meditating


7.Using emotional support

Getting emotional support from others

I have been getting comfort and understanding from others


8.Using instrumental support

getting advice and help from others


9. Self-distraction

I have been turning to work or other activities to take mind off things

Doing something like watching TV ,reading , daydreaming, shopping sleeping to think less about the stressful situations


10.Denial

I have been saying to myself that "this is not real"

Refusing to belief what has happened


11.Venting

I had been saying things to let my unpleasant feelings escape

I had been expressing my negative feelings


12.Substance abuse

Using alcohol or other drugs to help me get through it


13. Behavioral disengagement

I am giving up trying to deal with It

Giving up attempt to cope


14.self-blame

Criticizing ownselfBlaming oneself for the things that has happened


15.Positive thinking and reframing
Spend a lot of time on having more positive attitude.Force yourself to become aware everytime you think something negative during a day .change and rephrase.Say I am beautiful and wonderful 200 times a day and restructure your negative mind.

Find your own coping style and comment below.---------------------------------X---------------------------X-------------------------------X---------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Author Description

Hey there, We are Blossom Themes! We are trying to provide you the new way to look and use the blogger templates. Our designers are working hard and pushing the boundaries of possibilities to widen the horizon of the regular templates and provide high quality blogger templates to all hardworking bloggers!